Founded in 1916, SOAS offers students a first class education and unique social experience at our central London campus. Their combination of language scholarship, disciplinary expertise and regional focus attracts some of the brightest minds from around the world. SOAS has a long tradition of welcoming students from the US, who make up a rich community of over 3,000 alumni and friends.
Benefiting from the largest concentration of academics focused on the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East at any university in the world, SOAS delivers top quality teaching in the languages, cultures and societies of their specialist regions and explore non-Western perspectives and theories across a diverse range of degree programs.
- World-leading academics and learning resources, including the SOAS Library - one of only five National Research Libraries in the UK.
- A truly international university experience, with more than 5,000 students from more than 130 different countries.
- Over 350 undergraduate degree combinations and more than 200 graduate programs, including Distance Learning courses.
- Short-term Summer School and Study Abroad programs which can be tailored to your interests and requirements.
- A fantastic central London campus, allowing you to be immersed in the capital's rich cultural and social life.
- Supportive, active and representative Students' Union with more than 160 sports clubs and societies for you to join.
- Flexible course structure, allowing you freedom to control the depth and breadth of your learning.
- Fun Fact: SOAS teaches more than 40 non-European languages, including; Arabic, Chinese, Swahili, Urdu and Burmese. Undergraduate and graduate students (taught only) benefit from the Language Entitlement Programme, allowing them to register for one language-acquisition course for free.
For more information about applying to SOAS, please contact one of our Across the Pond Advisors.